Monday, November 4, 2013

Planning day/weekend trips!

Since I don't really have much study abroad stuff to do this week (I have meetings the last two weeks of the month!!). I thought I would brainstorm some trips I want to take while in the UK.

1. Stonehenge and Bath (it's included in my program!)







I know it isn't actually going to look like this, but it felt too Doctor Who like to not post!




2. Statford-upon-Avon (again, it's included!)











Walking along these canals is going to be amazing! I can't believe it is so close!




3. Cardiff and Bristol (with my cousin Steff, probably!)










I have already been to Bristol with my sister, but I can't wait to go back! It was amazing to explore the sites of one of my favourite TV shows, Skins!






AHHHH, Cardiff! It will be my first time in Wales! Plus, how could I be so close to a rift in time and not go visit it? Doctor Who fans know what I am talking about ;) Plus, they even have an affordable Doctor Who Tour! 




4. Edinburgh








The city that started it all! I can't wait to walk the streets that J.K. Rowling walked as she thought up the world of Harry Potter! Plus, I can get a cup of tea in the cafe she wrote in!






5. Eastbourne (near the end so it is warmer!)

I believe I would like to live here when I have kids, but I haven't gotten a chance to visit yet! Hopefully I love it! Haha I'm sure I will if it is anything like Brighton!



6. White Cliffs of Dover (with my friend Kyle!)








These look breathtaking in pictures, I can't wait to see what they will look like in person!




I know this is a lot of day trips and I know I might not go on them all but it is nice to have a plan! I want to see as much of England as possible, including London. I liked that in Rome I travelled a bit but also got to know Rome so well! I loved exploring and relaxing on the weekends so I plan to do that again! However, this time I want to see as many universities as possible because I am  trying to figure out where I want to apply for grad school (so weird to think about but sooooo exciting at the same time!!!).  Plus, once I get there if it seems like I won't have enough money/time then I can adjust my spring break plan to make it shorter/cheaper and then go on one of these at the end of my week off.

AHHHHHHHHHH!!! I keep saying/typing that but holy crap...I am going to be in England soon! Like what?! How can that be? I can't stop smiling...life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment