Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Rome Round Up

It has been a year since I was flying over the Atlantic on my way to Rome...it seems like I was just at the airport waiting for my luggage that I didn't know would not arrive for another week!

I am not quite sure how to put into words what my semester in Rome meant to me. It was the best four months of my life. Each moment there made me grow into a better person. Thinking that I have only known Janelle, Sophia, and the rest of my friends from Rome for only a year is crazy to me! I feel like I have known them my entire life and can't imagine not having them in it. Not to mention that last year this time, I had only met my cousins Tony, Maria, and Peter for four days when I was 18...seeing them every weekend for four months was something I never thought I would experience. As Maria used to say, she became my second mother in Rome. Not seeing them for six months has been quite strange and I can't wait to go back this semester and see them!

Here are some of my favourite moments from when I was in Rome:

Going to a Roma game


























Having my two worlds come together when my family came to visit




Meeting Anderson Cooper in St. Peter's Square

































Eating delicious Italian food (mostly my cousin Maria's)



































Going to Fregene Beach 












Exploring the street my Papap lived on in the 1940s



























These last two are not in Rome but still two of my favourite moments during my semester in Italy:

Waking up in Florence to this view 


Celebrating Carnivale 


1 comment: